A small piece of the proud history of our club, a history we hope to continue to grow through our many initiatives
In 1930 saw the foundation of the present St. Eunan’s Club. Three of those founders were John Hourihan – the man who did so much in securing the clubs present grounds, O’Donnell Park; John Crumlish, who with Hourihan played such a significant part in the setting up of the 0 Donnell Park and the early development of what we have today in our club; and Johnny Curran, whose dedication and shrewd managerial qualities guaranteed G.A.A. for Letterkenny forever.
1982 saw another dream come true with the completion and opening of the club’s new Social Centre in O’Donnell Park, on Friday 19th February. This was the culmination of three years hard work by a select development committee consisting of Dr. James McDaid, Frankie Campbell, Sean Boyle, John O’Donnell, Frank Devine, Seamus McRory and Denis Doyle.
St.Eunan’s have continued to grow from strenght to strength, not only at club level but also through players progressing to play for the County. In 1992 Donegal became All-Ireland Senior Football Champions for the first time and St.Eunan’s had three representatives on that year’s panel in Charlie Mulgrew, Paul Carr and Mark Crossan.
Again in 2012, St.Eunan’s proudly had Rory Kavanagh and Kevin Rafferty in the squad that defeated Mayo to lift Sam for a second time. And in 2001, Brendan Devenney was the leading scorer for Ireland in the Compromise Rules series versus Australia.